- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- Sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt; gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley; and nutmeg if desired.
- Top individual servings with a dollop of sour cream. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Reviews for Elegant Mushroom Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious! I wasn't sure about the nutmeg, but it was good in it! I used more mushrooms and thickened it with a little flour/water mixture. Hubby loved it!"
"This is delicious and very easy to make ! After having this, it's hard to ever eat the canned soup again."