Elegant Holiday Ham Glaze
For a sweet and tasty glaze to add to your Easter ham, try this tasty glaze. The citrus makes it so delicious.—Hormel, Horst Kruppa
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- Juice and grated peel of 1 orange
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sweet red wine or cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Drippings from a baked ham, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional
- 2 tablespoons cold water, optional
- In a saucepan, combine orange and lemon juices and peel, wine or
- cranberry juice, corn syrup and mustard. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add
- the cranberry sauce and ham drippings if desired; heat through. If a
- thicker glaze is desired, bring just to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water; add to glaze. Cook and stir until
- slightly thickened. Serve warm over sliced ham. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon,