For a sweet and tasty glaze to add to your Easter ham, try this tasty glaze. The citrus makes it so delicious.—Hormel, Horst Kruppa
- Juice and grated peel of 1 orange
- Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sweet red wine or cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Drippings from a baked ham, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional
- 2 tablespoons cold water, optional
- In a saucepan, combine orange and lemon juices and peel, wine or cranberry juice, corn syrup and mustard. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add the cranberry sauce and ham drippings if desired; heat through. If a thicker glaze is desired, bring just to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water; add to glaze. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve warm over sliced ham. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Elegant Holiday Ham Glaze in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p19
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Elegant Holiday Ham Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review