Elegant Fruit Bliss
This refreshing salad is nice enough to serve as a light dessert. A mild dressing made with peach nectar adds a hint of sweetness to the pretty assortment of fresh fruit. —Peggy West, Georgetown, Delaware
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup red grapes
- 3/4 cup peach or apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- whisk the peach nectar, honey, lemon juice and vinegar; drizzle over
- fruit and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 13 servings (3/4
- cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 94 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.