Elegant Fresh Berry Tart Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red raspberry or strawberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the orange peel and extracts. Gradually add flour until mixture forms a ball. Press into a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar, preserves and lemon juice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 4. Arrange the strawberries, raspberries, kiwi and blueberries over filling. Brush with sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 186 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Elegant Fresh Berry Tart
"i must be doing something wrong. i follow the directions for the crust, but don't have enough dough to press up the sides. any advice? i think this will be a really good recipe once i can get the pretty crust."
"I love this tart! I have made it several times using different fruits. Also I have substituted the cream cheese filling mix with sugar-free cream cheese cake pudding made with skim milk. It turns out equally good."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.