- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red raspberry or strawberry preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add orange peel and extracts; gradually add flour until mixture forms a ball. Press into a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth; spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, bring water, sugar, preserves and lemon juice to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and kiwi; toss with syrup to glaze. Arrange fruit as desired over filling. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Elegant Fresh Berry Tart
"i must be doing something wrong. i follow the directions for the crust, but don't have enough dough to press up the sides. any advice? i think this will be a really good recipe once i can get the pretty crust."
"I love this tart! I have made it several times using different fruits. Also I have substituted the cream cheese filling mix with sugar-free cream cheese cake pudding made with skim milk. It turns out equally good."