Elegant Eggnog Dessert Recipe
- 1 can (13-1/2 ounces) Pirouette cookies
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold eggnog
- 1-1/3 cups cold whole milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cut each cookie into two 2-1/2-in. sections; set aside. Crush remaining 1-inch pieces. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggnog, milk, dry pudding mixes, extract and nutmeg until smooth. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into pudding mixture. Spoon over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Arrange reserved cookies around dessert and press gently into sides. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Elegant Eggnog Dessert
Sort By :
Messy. Fell apart all over tbe place. Crust too hard, could not scrape off bottom of pan. Too rich. Yes, I did follow directions. Children did not like it!
I have made this [cheesecake] every Christmas for 4 years now and it is a BIG hit with everyone in the family. I get asked every year if I'm making it like children asking if I'm getting them presents. For the ones complaining about it being "runny", you need to make sure you're following the directions. Either you've added too much milk, didn't use a hand-mixer to fully blend the ingredients or didn't "whip" the "heavy whipping cream into stiff peaks" (seriously?). As for the flour taste, that probably comes from not blending the ingredients (it's the dry pudding mix that you're tasting). Once properly mixed it will have the consistently of thick pudding that hasn't fully set yet, then after chilling overnight it will set almost to a cheesecake texture. And another tip. Make the crust thicker, that way you can push the pirouette cookies down into it like building a fort, then put in the filling. That way you don't have to put the cookies on right before serving. Thank you for this recipe!!!!!
Everyone at our small group party loved this dessert. Very easy, very nice presentation. I was leary about it not setting or the pudding mix not dissolving well, so I made sure to blend the cream cheese with the egg nog and milk very well before I added the pudding mix. I had nice, stiff peaks on my whipping cream before folding it in, and it was setting up before I had it all poured into the pan. I didn't have a problem with my cookies staying in place. I tied it with a ribbon to prevent a problem, but two hours after cutting it, the cookies were still in place. Several people thought they were stuffed cinnamon sticks though. I was probably the only person who didn't care for it, I don't like the taste or aftertaste of instant pudding mix. Several people asked for the recipe, kids enjoyed it as much as the adults. There was less than a quarter to bring home, and we somehow ended up with three times as many desserts as we needed at the party. People had lots of dessert choices, but kept going back to this one.
very soggy cookies, and runny!
Delicious! I'm not sure why some of you mention it tastes like flour? Flour isn't even an ingredient! If it's runny it's very possible that you didn't whip it long enough. If you are mixing by hand then this is not the recipe for you! It requires lots of mixing and I can't imagine doing it without a kitchenaid or other mixer. If it's super runny when you're pouring it in the pan then that's a sign it probably needs more mixing. Also make sure you whip the heavy cream into a whipped cream like texture before you add it in. If you just pour in the heavy whipping cream then it's never going to thicken.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >