Elegant Eggnog Dessert Recipe
This impressive dessert has become so popular that I have to make three every year—one for my husband to take to work, one for our family on Christmas Eve and one for his family Christmas Day! Any flavor of Pirouette cookies can be used, and vanilla can be substituted for the rum flavoring. —Lisa Scanio, Tampa, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 can (13-1/2 ounces) Pirouette cookies
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold eggnog
- 1-1/3 cups cold whole milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Cut each cookie into two 2-1/2-in. sections; set aside. Crush remaining 1-inch pieces. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggnog, milk, dry pudding mixes, extract and nutmeg until smooth. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into pudding mixture. Spoon over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 3. Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Arrange reserved cookies around dessert and press gently into sides. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC