- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 2-1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Pat cherries dry with paper towels and set aside. In a large bowl, combine butter, corn syrup, unsweetened chocolate and cream. Stir in confectioners' sugar.
- Knead until smooth. Roll into 18 balls; flatten each into a 2-in. circle. Wrap each circle around a cherry and lightly roll in hands. Place cherries, stem side up, in a shallow waxed paper-lined container. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours.
- The day before serving, remove the cherries from freezer. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth.
- Holding onto the stem, dip each cherry into vanilla mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until firm. Store candies in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Elegant Dipped Cherries in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p30
Reviews for Elegant Dipped Cherries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2012
"These are delish and always look so pretty. They are a holiday tradition at our house."
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2011
"I make these every year by request. Always a favorite."
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2010
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2010
"These are beautiful and delicious."