- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 2-1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Pat cherries dry with paper towels and set aside. In a large bowl, combine butter, corn syrup, unsweetened chocolate and cream. Stir in confectioners' sugar.
- Knead until smooth. Roll into 18 balls; flatten each into a 2-in. circle. Wrap each circle around a cherry and lightly roll in hands. Place cherries, stem side up, in a shallow waxed paper-lined container. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours.
- The day before serving, remove the cherries from freezer. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth.
- Holding onto the stem, dip each cherry into vanilla mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until firm. Store candies in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Elegant Dipped Cherries
Sort By :
"These are delish and always look so pretty. They are a holiday tradition at our house."
"I make these every year by request. Always a favorite."
"My daughter has made these many times for special occasions. We have had them dipped in the white chocolate and also semi sweet chocolate chips- we like the chocolate chips best- I made a mix for this past batch we made- delicious and beautifully elegant- true to the recipe name."
"These are beautiful and delicious."