- 9 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 medium pear, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large serving bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 13 servings.
Reviews for Elegant Cranberry Pear Salad
"Very elegant salad indeed, and no easy to do too! You don't even have to toast the walnuts if you don't have time. This has gone into my "Favorites" file."
"Loved, loved, loved this salad. I could not stop eating it. Kept going back for more. These ingredients are a great combination. Even if you think you won't like it, I bet you will. Can't wait to make it again!"
"This salad was gobbled up by both groups it was served to. We used a fork to mash the blue cheese into small "crumbles" instead of just breaking it up. Everyone loved it and no one said I don't like blue cheese! One person wanted the whole salad bowl as her serving. Sharing it with family & friends."