- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 teaspoons marinade for chicken,divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 3 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, divided
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the crab, water chestnuts, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, parsley, mustard, 2 teaspoons marinade for chicken and half of the onions.
- Chop one cheese slice; stir into crab mixture. Spread over chicken; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on all sides. Place seam side down in a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining marinade for chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Cut each remaining cheese slice into six strips; place two cheese strips over each chicken breast. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Sprinkle remaining onions over chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Elegant Crab-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
I was very pleased with how this recipe turned out. My husband and son liked it as well and requested I make it again. Will post to my facebook for friends to try!