Elegant Chocolate Mousse Recipe
There is something delightfully simple, yet so satisfying about homemade chocolate mousse. Garnish individual servings with fresh berries or chocolate shavings. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 10 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat 1-1/2 cups cream and sugar over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg yolks.
- 2. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 662 calories, 52 g fat (31 g saturated fat), 272 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC