Elegant Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream and additional chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and milk. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture until well blended. Stir in vanilla.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a heavy small saucepan, combine caramels and water. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Add pecans. Cool slightly. Cut the cake into squares; drizzle with warm caramel sauce. Top with whipped cream and pecans if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 587 calories, 34g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Elegant Chocolate Cake
"This cake is so simple to make but presents so elegant. One of my favorite cakes to make."