Elegant Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, two pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the wine, parsley and rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup mushroom mixture (calculated without cheese) equals 281 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat.
Reviews for Elegant Chicken Marsala
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.