- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, two pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the wine, parsley and rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Elegant Chicken Marsala
Sort By :
So delicious and so easy to prepare! I double the ingredients for the sauce and serve it over angel hair pasta.
soo tasty and easy
Very easy to make and tastes great. Will be a favorite of mine to make.
I completely doubled the recipe for a company dinner--it was fantastic, though total prep/cook time took me 1.5 hours. Since I had planned enough time to get it done, all went well.