Rich and creamy, this eye-catching torte makes quite an impression. Every time I take it to a party, it receives rave reviews!
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 2-1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Grapes and assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Remove 3-1/2 cups to a small bowl; stir in pepper and set aside. Fold olives into the remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread evenly over the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat cheddar cheese, cider and paprika on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on high until almost smooth. Spread half over olive layer. Top with peppered cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheddar mixture. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm.
- Place on serving plate and remove sides of pan. Press pecans into top; garnish with additional olives or grapes if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Originally published as Elegant Cheese Torte in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p21
Reviews for Elegant Cheese Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review