A citrusy splash of lemon brightens fresh Elegant Broccoli, a mouthwatering side dish from Sarah Smith of Edgewood, Kentucky. “It's extremely easy to throw together in a few microwave minutes, and that's especially useful when the entrée is more elaborate,” she says. “Plus, everyone loves it!”Sarah Smith, Edgewood, Kentucky
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place broccoli and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and
- microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender; drain and keep
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until
- warmed, stirring once. Serve over broccoli.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe. This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup broccoli with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 206 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.