A citrusy splash of lemon brightens fresh Elegant Broccoli, a mouthwatering side dish from Sarah Smith of Edgewood, Kentucky. “It's extremely easy to throw together in a few microwave minutes, and that's especially useful when the entrée is more elaborate,” she says. “Plus, everyone loves it!”—Sarah Smith, Edgewood, Kentucky
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place broccoli and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until tender; drain and keep warm.
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until warmed, stirring once. Serve over broccoli. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Elegant Broccoli in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p25
Reviews for Elegant Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2011
"Quick, easy and so good that I actually eat my broccoli first!"