Elegant Brie Recipe
My mother-in-law introduced me to a wonderful Brie quesadilla that I wanted to re-create for a party. I didn't have all the ingredients and had a wheel of Brie instead of the creamed Brie she used. So, I pulled what I had on hand to create a dish similar in flavor. I added my own little twist, and now this has become a party favorite.Sheri West, Surprise, Arizona
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec or 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, beaten
- Assorted crackers
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice, Triple Sec and orange peel.
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Place on a greased baking sheet; place cheese in center of dough. Spoon onion and 1/2 cup cranberry mixture over the top; sprinkle with pecans. Fold dough over cheese and pinch edges to seal. Brush top and sides with egg. Cut slits in top.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers and remaining cranberry mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Elegant Brie in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p11
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Elegant Brie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Crescent Roll Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >