Artichokes add an elegant touch to any meal. This recipe has a special twist with the addition of a tangy lemon dressing.
- 5 medium artichokes
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- LEMON-PEPPER DIP:
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- Cut off stem at base of artichoke. Cut 1 in. from the top. With scissors, snip the tip end of each leaf. Remove outer leaves. Rub cut ends of leaves with lemon juice.
- Place artichokes in a Dutch oven; add lemon slices and garlic. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until artichoke leaves near the center pull out easily. Drain; arrange on a serving platter. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For dip, in a bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in green pepper and onion. Serve with artichokes. Yield: 5 servings (1-3/4 cups dip).
Originally published as Elegant Artichokes in Country Extra May 2004, p49
Reviews for Elegant Artichokes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2010