Elbow Macaroni Salad
I'm a firm believer that folks can't have too many cookbooks...although my husband may disagree! Of course, he never complains when one of my books yields a tasty dish like this.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 3 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next five ingredients.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour over salad and toss. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Just
- before serving, add bacon and toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 414 calories, 30 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon