I'm a firm believer that folks can't have too many cookbooks...although my husband may disagree! Of course, he never complains when one of my books yields a tasty dish like this.
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next five ingredients. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, add bacon and toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Elbow Macaroni Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Elbow Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review