Eight-Layer Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound frozen home-style egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons each Italian seasoning, dried basil and dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, onion, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and milk.
- Place half of the noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with 3 cups meat mixture. Layer with cream cheese mixture, spinach, and remaining meat mixture and noodles. Sprinkle with cheeses (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Eight-Layer Casserole in Reminisce December/January 2011, p43
Reviews for Eight-Layer Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2014
"Okay needs some zip."
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2014
"The only change I made was to add Italian Sausage, splitting Beef and Sausage"