Eggsquisite Breakfast Casserole Recipe
I developed this recipe over 20 years ago. The rich warm sauce tastes especially great on cold winter mornings. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine!
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 packages (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced dried beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 16 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towel to drain; discard all but 1/4 cup drippings. In the same skillet, add the beef, mushrooms, flour and pepper to the drippings; cook until thoroughly combined. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in bacon; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, evaporated milk and salt. In another large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- 3. Place half of the eggs in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; pour half the sauce over the eggs. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 240 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Eggsquisite Breakfast Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC