- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 packages (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced dried beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups whole milk
- 16 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towel to drain; discard all but 1/4 cup drippings. In the same skillet, add the beef, mushrooms, flour and pepper to the drippings; cook until thoroughly combined. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in bacon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, evaporated milk and salt. In another large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Place half of the eggs in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; pour half the sauce over the eggs. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Eggsquisite Breakfast Casserole
"I've made this for years. I prep everything the day before except eggs and put together morning of. Works wonderful."
"Can this be made the day or evening before? Seems like it could since it is cooked before baking."
"My concern is the same as teri0317. I'm leery of egg casseroles anyway because I don't like overcooked scrambled eggs and it seems to me that this recipe calls for an excessive baking time since the ingredients have already been cooked. Wouldn't it just need to be heated long enough to served? Or am I missing something?"
"Made this for Christmas brunch for my family. They all loved it. I only used about 1/4 cup of flower and added about a 1/4 cup of heavy cream instead, as my husband is diabetic and can't have the carbs. Makes it heavier on the fat, but low carb. It was so good, will definitely make again soon!"
"Made this for a get together with friends and family.......they loved it.......it is one of my top breakfast casseroles."