- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 packages (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced dried beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 16 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towel to drain; discard all but 1/4 cup drippings. In the same skillet, add the beef, mushrooms, flour and pepper to the drippings; cook until thoroughly combined. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in bacon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, evaporated milk and salt. In another large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Place half of the eggs in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; pour half the sauce over the eggs. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Eggsquisite Breakfast Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p20
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Eggsquisite Breakfast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 25, 2012
Made this for a get together with friends and family.......they loved it.......it is one of my top breakfast casseroles.