Eggs with Feta and Asparagus
Start your fancy breakfast with Carol Heine's Eggs with Feta and Asparagus. From her kitchen in New Prague, Minnesota, Carol whipped up this dish because of an abundance of asparagus, and now it's become a staple. “We always have more than enough asparagus for the two of us,” she writes. “I also enjoy sharing extra with family and friends.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add asparagus. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs;
- reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are completely set and yolks
- begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Transfer eggs to serving plates; top with asparagus, bacon and
- cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 448 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.