Eggs with Feta and Asparagus Recipe
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add asparagus. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs; reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- 3. Transfer eggs to serving plates; top with asparagus, bacon and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 296 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 448mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Eggs with Feta and Asparagus
"Quite tasty. The only difference I made was scrambling the eggs."
"I've been making this recipe since it appeared in 2007 - it is probably my daughter's favourite meal (and since she's going to university next year - it's easy enough for her to make herself) - totally excellent!"