Start your fancy breakfast with Carol Heine's Eggs with Feta and Asparagus. From her kitchen in New Prague, Minnesota, Carol whipped up this dish because of an abundance of asparagus, and now it's become a staple. “We always have more than enough asparagus for the two of us,” she writes. “I also enjoy sharing extra with family and friends.”
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add asparagus. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add eggs; reduce heat to low. Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Transfer eggs to serving plates; top with asparagus, bacon and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Eggs with Feta and Asparagus in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p23
Reviews for Eggs with Feta and Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review