Christine Smoot of Childress, Texas sends her handy ham and cheese packed egg “muffins” that are extremely kid-friendly. She writes, “My children would always grab one of these on the way out the door to catch the bus.”
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped deli ham
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Eggs to Go in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p25
Reviews for Eggs to Go
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2012
"This was dry and lacked flavour."
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2010
"Made this for the teachers and helpers at VBS. Was supposed to make it for one day and ended up making them every day! I used cooked diced bacon one day."