Eggs Royale Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover with cheese.
- 2. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 255 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Eggs Royale
"we make this for sepcial ocations birthdays and christmas. Very good! Some times we use sausage instead of bacon."