My aunt gave this recipe to me after she served it at a wedding brunch. With muffins and fresh fruit, it's now my favorite breakfast entree. My hobbies are cooking and collecting cookbooks. In fact, I've collected so many books my dad built a bookshelf especially for them.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover with
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper;
- pour over cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and chill 8 hours or
- overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 255 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.