My aunt gave this recipe to me after she served it at a wedding brunch. With muffins and fresh fruit, it's now my favorite breakfast entree. My hobbies are cooking and collecting cookbooks. In fact, I've collected so many books my dad built a bookshelf especially for them.
- 2-1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover with cheese.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Eggs Royale in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p7
Reviews for Eggs Royale
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2009
"we make this for sepcial ocations birthdays and christmas. Very good! Some times we use sausage instead of bacon."