Eggs Royale Recipe
My aunt gave this recipe to me after she served it at a wedding brunch. With muffins and fresh fruit, it's now my favorite breakfast entree. My hobbies are cooking and collecting cookbooks. In fact, I've collected so many books my dad built a bookshelf especially for them.
- 2-1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover with cheese.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Eggs Royale in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Eggs Royale(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2009
we make this for sepcial ocations birthdays and christmas. Very good! Some times we use sausage instead of bacon.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >