“Super-easy and elegant, this is one of my favorite special-occasion dishes,“ writes Sandra Woolard from DeLand, Florida. “It’s absolutely delicious!“
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced chives, optional
- Coat two shallow oval 1-1/2-cup baking dishes with cooking spray.
- Line with Canadian bacon; top with cheese. Carefully break two eggs
- into each dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream, salt and pepper until smooth; drop
- by teaspoonfuls onto eggs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are
- completely set. Sprinkle with chives if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 286 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 462 mg cholesterol, 1,018 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.