- Meanwhile, in a skillet or omelet pan with high sides, bring 2 to 3
- in. water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently. Break cold eggs,
- one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer. Holding the dish close
- to the surface of the simmering water, slip the eggs, one at a time,
- into the water. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until whites are
- completely set and yolks begin to thicken. Lift out of the water
- with a slotted spoon.
- Place spinach on each muffin half; top with an egg. Spoon 3
- tablespoons sauce over each egg. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 229 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 267 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.