These creamed eggs on toast get their rich, comforting flavor from a can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with melted cheddar cheese. What a nice way to get the day going!—Edie Farm, Farmington, New Mexico
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pimientos
- 4 pieces toast or 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Paprika or minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, heat soup over medium heat until hot and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Fold in eggs and pimientos; cook until heated through. Serve over
- toast or English muffins. Garnish with paprika or parsley. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 each) equals 486 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 355 mg cholesterol, 1,702 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.