Eggs Delmonico Recipe
These creamed eggs on toast get their rich, comforting flavor from a can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with melted cheddar cheese. What a nice way to get the day going!—Edie Farm, Farmington, New Mexico
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pimientos
- 4 pieces toast or 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Paprika or minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, heat soup over medium heat until hot and bubbly. Reduce heat; stir in cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Fold in eggs and pimientos; cook until heated through. Serve over toast or English muffins. Garnish with paprika or parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Eggs Delmonico in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p17
Reviews for Eggs Delmonico(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review