Erika Anderson from Wausau, Wisconsin stirs leftover ham and hard-cooked eggs into a creamy cheese sauce, then drapes the savory mixture over toasted English muffins. The simple stovetop dish is nice for breakfast, brunch or a light lunch.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pimientos
- 6 to 8 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a saucepan, combine the flour, salt, pepper and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add
- the cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in the ham, eggs,
- mayonnaise, onions and pimientos; heat through. Serve over English
- muffins. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 381 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 871 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.