Erika Anderson from Wausau, Wisconsin stirs leftover ham and hard-cooked eggs into a creamy cheese sauce, then drapes the savory mixture over toasted English muffins. The simple stovetop dish is nice for breakfast, brunch or a light lunch.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pimientos
- 6 to 8 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a saucepan, combine the flour, salt, pepper and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the cheese; cook and stir until melted. Stir in the ham, eggs, mayonnaise, onions and pimientos; heat through. Serve over English muffins. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Eggs Bravo in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p8
Reviews for Eggs Bravo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2013
"Simple recipe my husband asks for again and again. I usually leave out the pimento and double it to feed my crew."