- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 Eggland's Best® Eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package hollandaise sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, warmed
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer. Holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken (but are not hard), about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; whisk in milk and sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in jalapeno. Set aside and keep warm.
- With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water. On each muffin half, layer the Canadian bacon, tomato, avocado and an egg; spoon sauce over tops. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Eggs Benedict with Jalapeno Hollandaise in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p28
Reviews for Eggs Benedict with Jalapeno Hollandaise
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2013
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
I enjoyed this. It was perfect for a special day. The only thing I would do to change it is warm the tomato up aswell. yum!!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >