Eggs Benedict Cups Recipe
- 2 slices white bread
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons hollandaise sauce mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Coat two 8-oz. ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray; line each with a slice of bread. Layer with cheese, onion, Canadian bacon, garlic powder and basil. Pour eggs into cups.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in sauce mix; gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Gently remove bread cups to serving plates; serve with hollandaise sauce and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese, egg substitute and reduced-fat butter) equals 280 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,040 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.