Eggs Benedict Cups Recipe
- 2 slices white bread
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons hollandaise sauce mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Coat two 8-oz. ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray; line each with a slice of bread. Layer with cheese, onion, Canadian bacon, garlic powder and basil. Pour eggs into cups.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in sauce mix; gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Gently remove bread cups to serving plates; serve with hollandaise sauce and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 280 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1040mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Eggs Benedict Cups
"have made many times and will continue to enjoy. thank you."
"I had to change it up a bit because my mother-in-law was over and I don't have ramekins, so I used a muffin tin. Came out just as good, and I used regular bacon instead of Canadian. Forgot the Hollandaise sauce :) but it was still a hit with the hubby, so hopefully I will remember the sauce next time."
"Delicious! I used egg beaters, turkey bacon, & ff cheddar cheese. For the sauce, I had some dry pesto sauce and made the sauce using what I had at home. This was very tasty!!!"
"I don't know why people use a sauce mix for hollandaise, it is the easiest sauce to make. So, no, I won't make again, I had to change too many items."