- 12 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 6 English muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a greased 3-qt. or 13x9-in. baking dish; top with English muffins and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole. Yield: 12 servings (1-2/3 cups sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Eggs Benedict Casserole
Sort By :
"This is a great recipe and so simple!! I halved it since I was only making it for two. Instead of Canadian bacon I used deli ham and regular bacon. After reading reviews, I decided to toast the english muffins to help them keep their form. Lots of flavor and elegant for a special brunch."
"Our family loves this recipe. We have it for Christmas brunch. I buy the Hollandaise sauce in a package as it's much easier ."
"Excellent!! Made this for the night before Thanksgiving & had for breakfast. My daughter and I like this casserole a lot!!! Thanks"
"This recipe is a total keeper! I've served it both to family and friends and everyone loves it, I even made a vegetarian version leaving out the Canadian Bacon and serving sliced avocado and tomato on the side to "bulk" it up a little. I admit, I usually cheat and use a packaged Hollandaise though!"
"This is now our go to Christmas morning breakfast! Love, love it!!!!"