To feed my daughter’s hungry cowboy friends after a rodeo, I created these with leftover burgers, hollandaise and bacon. They were a huge hit! — Bonnie Geavaras-Bootz, Scottsdale, Arizona
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 4 large eggs
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 6 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Grill buns, cut side down, until toasted. Meanwhile, prepare sauce mix according to package directions using milk; stir in mustard. Keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; reduce heat to low. Cook until desired doneness, turning after whites are set if desired.
- Place lettuce, tomato and burgers on bottoms of buns; top with bacon, eggs and sauce. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Eggs Benedict Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Eggs Benedict Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review