Eggs Benedict Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 4 eggs
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 6 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- 1. In a large bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Grill buns, cut side down, until toasted. Meanwhile, prepare sauce mix according to package directions using milk; stir in mustard. Keep warm.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; reduce heat to low. Cook until desired doneness, turning after whites are set if desired.
- 4. Place lettuce, tomato and burgers on bottoms of buns; top with bacon, eggs and sauce. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 723 calories, 45 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 364 mg cholesterol, 1,198 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.