Eggs Benedict Brunch Braid Recipe
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and process on high. While processing, gradually add melted butter in a steady stream until combined. Set aside.
- For braid, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk five eggs, salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until barely set; stir in sauce.
- On a lightly greased baking sheet, roll out pastry into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Layer the Canadian bacon and egg mixture down the center of rectangle; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chives.
- On each long side, cut 1/2-in.-wide strips. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; pinch ends to seal. Whisk remaining egg and water; brush over braid.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Eggs Benedict Brunch Braid
Sort By :
"I made this for a work breakfast today. I put it together last night and cooked it this morning. It was a HUGE hit! Everyone loved it, it was gone in about 10 minutes. I should have made two! Everyone commented on how light it was, almost like a quiche, so it's not a big, heavy breakfast, even with the pastry and the thick sauce. And everyone asked me for the recipe."
"Very good recipe even though I forgot the chives it still was excellent. You could make this with almost any egg mixture and not go wrong. Thanks for sharing."