- 3/4 pound Canadian bacon
- 6 croissants, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 envelope bearnaise sauce
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with croissants and remaining Canadian bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, green onions, onion powder, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Prepare sauce according to package directions. Serve with casserole. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Eggs Benedict Bake with Bearnaise Sauce in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p40
Reviews for Eggs Benedict Bake with Bearnaise Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review