Eggs Ahoy Recipe
"This dish is not quite eggs Benedict, but it's quite good," reports Martha Creech of Kinston, North Carolina. A can of cream of celery soup is the simple substitute for traditional hollandaise sauce in this quick-and-easy version.
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 12 bacon strips, cooked
- 6 poached eggs
- 1. In a saucepan, saute green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add the soup and milk; cook and stir until heated through. Spread remaining butter over muffin halves. Place two bacon strips on each half; top each with a poached egg and the soup mixture. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 582 calories, 36 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 474 mg cholesterol, 1,617 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Eggs Ahoy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC