We had an abundance of eggplant in our garden one year, so I was happy to find this recipe, especially since it was such a hit with my family. It's not hard to make, and the best part is it's perfect for two people. -Joyce Towles, Houston, Texas
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in.-thick shell. Set shell aside. Chop pulp; place in a colander over a plate. Sprinkle with salt; let stand for 30 minutes. Blot moisture with a paper towel.
- In a skillet, saute eggplant pulp and onion in butter until tender. Add the bread crumbs, mushrooms, parsley and pepper. Spoon into eggplant shells.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Eggplant with Mushroom Stuffing in Reminisce September/October 2003, p50
Reviews for Eggplant with Mushroom Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review