Eggplant Snack Sticks Recipe
- 1 medium eggplant (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, warmed
- 1. Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices, then cut each slice lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. In a shallow dish, combine the wheat germ, cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Dip eggplant sticks in egg substitute, then coat with wheat germ mixture. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Spritz eggplant with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven. Turn sticks and spritz with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve immediately with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (4 sticks with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 85 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.