- 1 medium eggplant (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices, then cut each slice lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips. In a shallow dish, combine the wheat germ, cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Dip eggplant sticks in egg substitute, then coat with wheat germ mixture. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Spritz eggplant with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven. Turn sticks and spritz with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve immediately with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Eggplant Snack Sticks
"Winner, winner * Finally a snack that is actually Healthy * These crispy little sticks quickly won us over after just one bite * Quick to assemble and they broil up in no time. I had no wheat germ so I used a small amount of Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs. No spaghetti sauce either so I just plain old Ketchup.It does not get any easier * Its a 5 fork rating or me *JanieToh Volunteer FE*"
"Really good. I made these alongside mozzarella sticks and served spaghetti."
"I thought it was just okay. Didn't have wheat germ so I used whole wheat bread crumbs. Nothing special about these."
"Forget the wheat germ, get the Panko bread crumbs and unless there is a health issue with eggs, you can use a whole egg and add a little 2% milk and beat with fork for wetting sticks before putting into a plastic bag with all the other dry ingredients to coat. This was so easy to do and no frying involved. LOVED IT. Just like zucchini sticks, but better!"
"used my home grown hansel eggplants..Perfect"