Eggplant Skillet Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef with onion; drain. Sprinkle flour over beef; stir to mix. Add next five ingredients; mix well.
- 2. Season eggplant with salt and pepper; arrange slices over meat mixture. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Sprinkle with shredded cheese; cook until cheese melts. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 973 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Eggplant Skillet Dinner
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.